A professionally serviced Yashica MAT.
Early model, produced circa 1957, with a low serial number: 73507.
With gold insert in the logo and with gold trim on the control wheels.
The lens Lumaxar was a 4 element Tessar type formula, that Yashica renamed Yashinon in 1958.
- an original branded plastic lens cap.
- a new strap.
- the original manual, edition 1957-1961 (the cover page is torn but no pages are missing).
- a vintage shutter release cable and adaptor (made in Japan).
Fully serviced in our workshop:
- Front lenses and viewfinder have been disassembled and cleaned.
- There was no presence of haze or fungi on both lenses.
- The shutter has been serviced (disassembled, cleaned, and re-lubricated) and is very snappy at all speeds.
- The flash synchro has been tested and is working as it should.
- There are some cleaning marks on taking lense. Despite that, the taking lens is still capable of producing very sharp images. ( please check the attached pictures from our test film).
- The distance has been adjusted.
- There are some aging spots in the viewfinder's glass. This will not alter the quality of the pictures.
- The self-timer was missing, and has not been replaced. Instead we have included a shutter cable release and adaptor, to allow the photographer to shoot at slow speeds.
- The leather coverings of the front and side panels have been ripped apart during the repair process and have been replaced with new laser cuts, with a design very similar to the original.
We have fully tested the camera with a film Fomapan 200. It does work wonderfully well, producing very sharp and bright pictures (pictures attached).
Yashica mat. Lumaxar 80mm.
3 months guarantee
Shipping and return
Should your camera fail within the guarantee period, we promise to fix it, replace it with an identical or similar camera or to offer you a refund. This is subject to Terms and Conditions, as set out below.
More importantly, our guarantee is a guarantee of quality:
Your camera has been serviced, as described to you upon purchase. We promise that the work described has indeed been done, and that your camera will function as it should (taking into account any flaw as described below)
We promise to describe any known flaw or fault.
What our guarantee covers:
-Any fault or breakdown of the camera arising after purchase, that was not previously described at the time of sale, subject to the exclusions set out below.
What our guarantee does not cover:
- Any fault or flaw that was described at the time of purchase.
- Accidental damage, wear and tear, You are advised to keep your camera protected when not in use, to avoid damage from sand, dust, loose items in a bag. Remember your film camera is not at all as impervious to dust and water as your digital equipment.
- Damage due to poor handling of the camera. We strongly advise you to become familiar with the instruction manual.
- Cosmetic damage
- Any attempt to repair the camera by anyone other than us (be that the owner or any third party, including professional camera repair services not associated with us) will void the guarantee. We will not be liable for the cost of any repair carried out by any unauthorised person.
Terms and Conditions relating to our guarantee: For our Full Terms and Conditions, please click here.